In addition to countries, foreign individuals and entities may also be the subject of U.S. sanctions. These individuals/entities are considered Specially Designated Nationals ("SDNs").
- Before traveling to countries that may be the subject of sanctions, collaborating with a foreign national outside of Harvard University or any person or entity outside of the United States, or presenting your research at an international conference, conduct an SDN screen.
- SDN screens may also need to be conducted when enrolling foreign nationals in:
- Professional or continuing education courses,
- On-line courses or executive education programs, or
- Otherwise providing services or receiving funds from foreign nationals