Navigating the world of sponsored project administration at Harvard University can be a complex undertaking. The staff of the HGSE Office of Sponsored Projects provides guidance on all aspects of the life cycle of sponsored projects. Services include:
- Advice and assistance regarding appropriate funding sources
- Project development, budget preparation, proposal review and submission
- Interpretation of university and sponsor policies
- Acting as the HGSE liaison to the Harvard University Office for Sponsored Programs (HU-OSP) and other University offices responsible for sponsored projects approvals and negotiations
- Pre- to post-award transition planning and support
- Post award management and support
The CUHS, an FAS Standing Committee, reviews and has the authority to approve, require modifications in, or disapprove all research activities conducted under the auspices of the University-Area institutions. The CUHS is required to ensure that the rights and welfare of research subjects are appropriately safeguarded.