Harvard University is closely monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak. As the situation continues to change rapidly, our top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of our community, on and off campus.
- Office for Sponsored Programs has developed guidance related to COVID-19 impacts on sponsored research. Visit FAQs or reach out to your local sponsored office with any questions.
- DOE has issued a call to action letter (PDF) requesting ideas of scientific questions underpinning COVID-19 response that the research community may answer using DOE facilities, computational resources, and enabling infrastructure.
- For information about steps to take to ensure the protection of laboratory operations and the valuable research being conducted at Harvard, see here.
- For guidance on best practices for managing data remotely, visit Harvard University Information Technology’s website on working remotely, or reach out to your school’s Information Security Officer. You can update your data security plan with your local Information Security Officer or in the Safety Application, where appropriate.
- For COVID-19 FAQs relating to Human Subjects Research, visit the Committee on the Use of Human Subjects and Office of Human Research Administration websites for helpful information, or reach out to your local IRB with questions. As necessary, you can update your study protocol in ESTR.
For all other up-to-date information, including school and program information, workforce planning, travel guidance, and meeting and event guidance, please see here.